Saturday, February 11, 2006

Business Ideas

Yesterday night when I was talking to my friend Rajib Ranjan Borah (IIMC) , he reminded me about updating my blog.

Why the title "Business Ideas"?Because significant part of our talk (me and Rajib) was about business or being an enterprenuer.

I told him about my latest idea in the field of education in India. I am confident that I can make the project decently successful. But is only decent success enough? The point Rajib mentioned was - "Whatever you do - it has to be world class. If you start an institution - you need to make it world leader".

Is it realistic to start something with an almost impossible dream of making it world leader? Did Bill Gates start Microsoft with that dream or did Dhirubhai started Reliance with that dream? Was google started with that vision of being the number one in search for that matter? I do not think so. But then shouldn't one keep this aim of being world leader in the back of the mind?

Going back to the phrase "latest idea". I used the word latest because I have been thinking on average 4-5 business ideas a week from last 2 weeks. No, none of them is one of those great innovative ideas but then none of them is bad either. What does this signal? Am I jobless? No not really. It probably signals that I want to do something now - its high time. But what is that something? Still don't know. Like minded folks wanna join? Most welcome.

Last wednesday, I visited a small scale biscuit factory and after doing some calculations and some extrapolations - this idea also looked intersting. I spoke to my friend Sumervant Singh Sankohli who is handling a 100 crore project in ITC Food Business. He highlighted some of the negative aspects of the project. Most important being - low margins - opposite to what I thought. But then, I guess, he was comparing it with ITC's highly profitable cig biz. Anyways idea dropped :).

Then there has been a couple of more. One is something like opening a pub ( Sounds exiting right) which I discussed with Nitish Khadiya ( from Microsoft) , another friend of mine. Another is related with extension of my family business of marble.

Whatever!Just the ideas - the thoughts.Lots of thoughts and thoughts.. and just thoughts. Is it getting pointless or have the thoughts really become random?

1 Comments:

Blogger S V said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home